ConfidentialCentury City, CA
Full Time Job
Boutique transactional entertainment firm seeking junior to mid-level attorney to handle the day to day production legal functions for a heavy and fast paced volume of productions and production companies represented by the firm in addition to other transactional matters involving producers, talent, rights holders and the like. The attorney will be responsible for all aspects of production legal and serve as a point of contact between production companies and networks, primarily focused on unscripted production, union and non-union. Responsibilities will include structuring, drafting, negotiating and analyzing a wide range of production-related agreements, including location, talent, indemnities, above the line producers, access, vendor and production service agreements. Additionally, the attorney will handle development agreements in addition to advising on matters relating to insurance, risk and episode clearance and intellectual property rights issues.
• JD degree from top-tier law school
• Member of California State Bar
• Minimum 2 years experience at major television production company legal department and/or law firm servicing television production companies and production legal matters
• Ability to deal effectively and calmly in a very fast paced, high volume environment with a variety of legal matters
• Strong communication and drafting skills
• Solid understanding and knowledge of television production and production legal
The successful candidates will also possess the following:
• Passion for television production legal
• Hands-on production experience
• Experience with both television and new media productions
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online