Associate Attorney, Music Entertainment
ConfidentialNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Associate Attorney at Music Entertainment Law Firm
A preeminent boutique music and entertainment transactional law firm is seeking an associate attorney with a minimum of two years of experience in music transactions to join its practice.
Ideal candidates will have demonstrated experience in music and entertainment transactional matters, including drafting and negotiating agreements in the music industry (recording, publishing, touring, festival, distribution, songwriter, featured artist, live performance, sponsorship and endorsement, merchandising, branding and licensing, and management agreements). Ideal candidates will also have experience with intellectual property, copyright, trademark, licensing, joint venture agreements, and usage rights matters. Experience in catalog acquisitions is a plus.
The firm represents high-profile clients, including individual artists and musicians, songwriters, producers, record labels, music publishing companies, management companies, and executives.
• Minimum of two years of music transactional experience
• Demonstrated interest in and enthusiasm for music industry issues and trends
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail; excellent legal research and analytical skills
• Bar membership in good standing in New York and/or California
• Strong organization skills
• Excellent ability to work independently and remotely
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online