ConfidentialBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Boutique music, etc. law firm, Beverly Hills, seeks a qualified candidate to provide administrative support for three (3) Associate attorneys in busy music law practice. In this role, the person will perform a variety of administrative duties, including word processing, handling a heavy volume of phone calls and e-mails, preparing letters and aid drafting for a variety of contracts, and handling corporate compliance matters. Additional responsibilities including providing back-up support for attorneys.
Outline of Specific Functions:
· Basic word processing of standard agreements (including, without limitation, master use licenses, synchronization licenses, appearance releases, basic waivers/clearances) and other music-related agreements, and miscellaneous letters and notices as directed.
· Prepare legal comparisons/summaries between drafts of documents.
· Handle requisite attachments, exhibits and schedules for various agreements.
· Handle e-mail correspondence and execution of agreements.
· Maintain database of executed agreements and status of open matters.
· Handle incoming and outgoing artist/guest artist clearances, exclusivity waivers, festival and live performance clearances.
· Interpret and prepare contract summaries and maintain information databases.
· Maintain corporate compliance documents for client loan-out corporations.
· Handle processing of copyright registrations.
· Compose cease-and-desist letters and issue take-down notices.
· Following up on agreement status with opposing parties.
· Minimum one (1) year of experience in the music industry within the business and legal affairs department at a record label, music publisher, and/or law firm is beneficial.
· Bachelor's degree, Paralegal Certificate or equivalent experience preferred. JD degree extremely beneficial.
· Strong writing skills.
· Resourceful self-starter with desire to take initiative.
· Must have superb accuracy, be detail-oriented, and complete tasks in accordance with instructions and possess strong follow-up skills.
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize work, and work in a fast-paced team environment.
· Capable of simultaneously handling large volumes of work/matters in organized manner.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
· Ability to handle confidential information.
· Proficient in MS Word (including typing) and Outlook (Excel is a plus).
· Easy going (but dedicated) with good sense of humor.
Compensation / Benefits:
· Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
· Benefits: Health insurance; 401K
Commensurate with experience
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online