Assistant Engineer Recording Studio
ConfidentialNorth Hollywood, CA
Part Time Job
Seeking an experienced assistant engineer for a recording studio in North Hollywood. This is a multi-room recording facility that hosts high profile clients who track numerous types of instruments on large format analog consoles with outboard gear. If you only have experience assisting vocal sessions or are 'in the box', please do not apply.
- Must be well-versed in Pro Tools
- Must be knowledgable in mic placement
- Must be able to independently set up the control room and live room for tracking vocals, bands, strings, and DI instruments
- Must be confident with signal flow and be able to troubleshoot analog outboard gear, Pro Tools, and large format analogue consoles, like the SSL.
- Must know how to properly use plug-ins: Waves, Universal Audio, Soundtoys, iZotope, Antares, Melodyne, Vocalign, etc.
- Must have one year of experience assisting at high-end commercial recording studios
- Must have strong leadership and communication skills to direct runners and interns during a session
- Must be able to coordinate client services like client food orders, client setup requests, client payment, and the flow of session guests
- Must be able to run a session independently and structure the session to meet what the client is trying to accomplish
- Must be able to independently tear down a session and properly shut down the facility for late night sessions
- Must be able to maintain a safe, clean, and positive studio environment
Submit your cover letter and resume. Do not call, email only. If you do not meet these qualifications, please do not apply.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online