ConfidentialNew York, NY
Full Time Job
VIRTUAL OR IN PERSON POSITION AVAILABLE: ENTERTAINMENT (AGENCY) ASSISTANT
Michael Moore Agency seeks a self-starting, entertainment assistant to join a boutique, literary, and creative theatrical agency that actively works in theatre, film, and television. The applicant must be comfortable answering and speaking on the phone, working by themselves (either virtually or in the office). No day is ever the same.
Important duties (in no particular order) of the position include the following:
• Answering phones, rolling calls, taking messages, writing correspondence, taking dictation, coordinating meetings and responding effectively and immediately to client and buyer inquiries, questions, and requests
• Pro-active monitoring and management of agent email and follow-up tasks
• Assistance with literary and creative submissions to producers, theatre, and production companies
• Support with general client contracts and ongoing administrative tasks
• Support with incoming/outgoing USPS, FEDEX, and messengers
• Supervision and management of interns, if any
• Maintaining adequate level of office supplies
• General office support of MMA principals
• Promotion of MMA clients and initiatives on social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
• Overall flexibility with customary agency duties as the need arises
Important qualities (in no particular order) for which we look in an applicant include:
• Strong organizational, and administrative skills, particularly regarding the tracking of calls, tasks and incoming/outgoing contracts
• Legal experience such as a law firm or civil/criminal court (not required)
• Accounting experience or background
• Graphic design experience or background
• Ability and ease in working alone and/or unsupervised
• Knowledge of Broadway producers, general managers; staff at major regional and stock theatres
• Attention to detail (mandatory)
• Proofreading and excellent grammar
• Additional spoken and written languages beyond English.
The position starts immediately.
Salary includes two weeks paid vacation during the industry holiday break in December and most federal holidays. Health insurance (50%) after 3 months can be discussed.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online