Sr. Estimator - Concept
Confidential Via Staffing FirmOrlando, FL
Full Time Job
Our client, an entertainment and theme park company, is looking for a Sr. Estimator, Concept to serve as a budgetary advisor and financial forecaster to Finance, Project Management and Executive teams, and generate initial estimates for all speculative projects-Attractions, Shows, Lands or entirely new Theme Parks-that are still in their ideation phase.
You will be expected to support studio and project designers with flexible cost allocation plans / breakdowns for show elements, on stage facility and area development, and scenic elements, while challenging ideas that seem out of budgetary range and compiling cost summaries of projects upon completion.
• Generate, update and present project estimates-including ideation, feasibility and concept phases
• Collaborate with Studio and Vendor designers to develop new ideas and concepts
• Create ''cost walks'' to map cause of changes and cost savings lists to mitigate overspending while working with design teams to reduce costs
• Research market conditions and historical costs comparisons for local and international attractions, elements, lands and parks, with location cost/escalation factors for cost trends
• Partner with Finance, Engineering & Safety and PMO to maintain a database of cost comparisons for attraction and non-attraction show elements and facilities
• Understand and actively participate in Health & Safety responsibilities by following established policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities
• Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Finance, Accounting, or a related business field is required
• 10-15 years estimating experience in theme parks, or themed entertainment projects, or a combination of show, ride and facility estimating required; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in early-stage design estimating (Ideation, Feasibility and Concept) as part of a design team is highly preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must be capable of presenting cost estimates to Chief Creative Officer and the President
• Must have significant skill in delivering cost and financial data and analysis to an audience of varying levels of comprehension, with high sensitivity to how the information may be received (designers, artists, technicians, etc.)
This is a direct hire role based in Orlando with salary DOE. For consideration, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 03, 2021 /Jeff Ganter
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online