Senior Technical Director Immersive Arts
Confidential Via Staffing FirmNew Mexico, NM
This was removed by the employer on 4/5/2023 5:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Senior Technical Director Immersive Arts jobs in New Mexico-NM
Search all Senior Technical Director Immersive Arts postings
Full Time Job
Our client, an arts and entertainment company that creates immersive and interactive experiences, is looking for an Exhibition Manager to join their team at their Santa Fe, New Mexico headquarters! In this exciting new role, the Exhibition Manager will function as both a Technical Director and Project Manager and will oversee all technical aspects of the Exhibit, as well as support the execution of all Exhibit redesigns and upgrades. The Exhibition Manager will also be responsible for:
• Overseeing hands-on design, fabrication, assembly, and on time delivery of projects as well as management of scenic elements, technical contractors, suppliers, and vendors.
• Management, scheduling, planning and execution of all operational, logistical, and financial aspects of the department.
• Involvement with project management, design, hands-on fabrication, assembly, installation, and completion of projects, upgrades, inspection, and maintenance.
• Responsible for coordination with all internal resources, corporate resources, in-house and contract artists, external vendors, and contractors.
• Experience dealing with a wide range of technical issues including techniques, methods and standards of construction, electrical systems, computers, electronics, and emerging technologies.
• Project management (including budget management) and execution of a variety of maintenance, new design, and development projects from troubleshooting, planning, scheduling, redesigns, logistics, and financial tracking.
• Manage and lead exhibition maintenance and inspection (immersive art and technical engineering) along with projects during the design, production, fabrication, and installation phases.
• Manage a maintenance and inspection database to monitor the condition of equipment including lighting, sound, projection, computer, monitors, data distribution, power distribution, relays, and rigging equipment.
• Establish and maintain safety protocols, procedures and comply with building codes in alignment with state and federal rules and regulations. Coordinate with Facilities regarding capital purchases of technical equipment, operating budgets, team training and external vendors required to support the venue.
• Leadership / supervisory experience.
• Schedule staff for the most effective impact on the exhibition within budgeted guidelines.
• Solve complex technological and scenic issues utilizing a variety of technical skills and safe best practices.
• Perform duties such as digital fabrication along with 3D modeling and design.
• Oversee programming sound reinforcement, installing rigging equipment, electrical and electronics equipment, focusing equipment, exhibit maintenance including all network and control systems for the exhibit.
• Liaise with internal and external artists as required to assure installations are managed and maintained to the highest standards.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work history in a core discipline such as project management, technical direction in the performing arts, design development and installation, engineering, or a related field.
• 5 years of experience related to management of a design moving to fabrication, welding, and installations.
• 3 to 5 years of professional experience in relevant industries, ideally in emerging technology, entertainment technology, software development, electrical engineering, or professional audiovisual trades.
• Experience in a technical leadership role working in the immersive arts / amusement park, engineering, architecture, or related field.
• In-depth knowledge of theatrical technical equipment, computers, data backbones and programming.
• Highly Preferred – Experience with theatrical lighting and projection/video systems, audio systems, architectural lighting systems, TouchDesigner, Max/MSP, Arduino IDE, electrical engineering and low voltage electronics, creative technology, and physical computing.
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity in Santa Fe, New Mexico with an exceptional compensation and benefits package. Annual salary is in the $115k range. Qualified candidates, please submit resumes directly for an immediate reply.