Senior Director, Project Controls
Confidential Via Staffing FirmOrlando, FL
Full Time Job
Our client, an entertainment and theme park company, is looking for a Senior Director, Project Controls to manage the development and ongoing optimization process of their creative project management system, which entails leading meetings, reviewing potential systems, developing procedures, flowcharts, and communicating procedural information required for potential system vendors.
You will prepare, monitor and control all areas of a project control platform, while enabling/training/consulting/guiding teams and vendors to deliver projects within budget, quality and schedule parameters. You will vet, approve and support all non-Ride / Show contractors and vendors with pre-qualification forms, meeting schedules, personalized dashboards, direct correspondence and potential RFP notifications.
You will continually document, improve and maintain the ''Project Process and Procedures'' manual that includes project/construction management, sample forms, letters and other tools to properly execute projects; develop and systematize post-mortem summary processes with robust forms, dashboards and spreadsheets; conduct reviews with project teams to highlight performance standards and areas for improvement; utilize report templates to conduct overall post-mortem measurement reviews on projects; and participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
You will report to the SVP, Attraction Development, and manage multiple projects at once, while supervising teams of Director level personnel, Senior Facility Project Managers, Facility Design Manager, Facility Project & Field Engineers, Architects, Third-Party Vendors, Contractors, On-site Supervisory staff and project support functions including, but not limited to Finance, Contracts and Administration.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Planning long-term time frames for jobs (5 - 10 year time horizons)
• Knowledge of required operations to perform job plans with an understanding of company goals
• Managing standard policies and procedures
• Facilitating work through direct supervision or project management
• Divisional KPIs (Annual Operating Plan, GSAT, TSAT)
• Reading, analyzing, and interpreting construction drawings/specs, technical drawings/specs, common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, schedules, and legal documents
• Writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
• Presenting information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
• Applying concepts of basic algebra and geometry as well as basic accounting principle
• Interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and dealing with several abstract and concrete variables
• Defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a related field is required.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Professional Engineering, Architectural and Professional Project Management certification preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 10 years experience developing and overseeing major projects in hospitality/entertainment/theme park sectors; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
For consideration, please submit your resume
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online