Legal Assistant - Entertainment (Music)
Confidential Via Staffing FirmLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
LEGAL ASSISTANT (Supporting 2 Executives) - ENTERTAINMENT PRACTICE GROUP- Music Legal
Solid, well established and premiere transactional Entertainment-based Law practice seeks experienced candidate to provide assistance on 2 desks: Senior Partner & Associate - representing music talent. Work is exciting, diverse and dynamic. Office culture is inclusive, authentic and close-knit group of 50 and growing.
• Efficiently communicate with attorneys, colleagues, and client teams (oral and written communications) with exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills
• Coordinate agreement approvals and execution - ensure necessary signatures are obtained
• Track transaction negotiations and documents;
• File, search and retrieve documents and correspondence using iManage document management system plus document naming protocol
• Handle word processing, employing correct grammar, spelling, and formatting
• Create spreadsheets
• Schedule calls, videoconferences, and meetings
• Process new client/matter requests
• Maintain contact lists and calendar
• Enter billable time in billing program and prepare expense reports
• Screen, direct, and prioritize incoming calls
CHARACTERISTICS FOR SUCCESS
• Must be well organized, highly efficient and pay close attention to the details
• Manage high and prioritize high volume of tasks and projects quickly; creates systems for strong follow through so nothing slips through cracks
• Resourceful and creative problem solver
• Excels when multi taking, meeting deadlines in fast paced environments
• Experience working with in an entertainment environment (law firm or legal experience from a record label
• High level of integrity, discretion and handling confidential information
• Professional with a collegial manner; able to interface with clients and other professionals
• 3 years+ experience required working as a productive Legal Assistant
• Proficient in Microsoft Word. Excel, Adobe, Outlook, iManage or other document management system
• Able to prioritize urgent issues effectively, manage both desks proactively and a positive, can-do attitude
• BA/BS degree a plus.
This is a non-JD legal position.
• Monday through Friday, 9:30 AM - 6:30 PM or 10AM - 7PM. Rare if any overtime.
• Salary: $75K - $85K + DOE
• Full benefits, medical, 401K, parking, paid time off and discretionary bonus.
• Proof of Covid-19 vaccination required
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online