Director Of Retention Marketing
Confidential Via Staffing FirmSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Our client, a skincare company, is currently looking for a Director of Retention Marketing. The Director, Retention Marketing will be responsible for leading programs to retain or drive loyalty of customers across the company's brands in North America, with a focus on their core brand. Ongoing efforts include identifying, by segment, personalization triggers and appropriate cross-sells, upsells and winbacks based on customer data, and working cross-functionally to lead and implement these efforts. The Director, Retention Marketing will also be responsible for leading the marketing relationships with key MarTech partners for customer communications, as part of the strategy to drive higher usage and optimization of the engagement efforts on these platforms.
• Lead development and execution of retention and cross-sell campaigns including segmentation, requirements development, vendor evaluation/selection, program forecasting, creative implementation, analysis, and optimization/testing to meet annual improvement goals.
• Utilize data, customer insights and campaign performance to identify personalization opportunities and optimize lifecycle campaigns from lead nurture to winback.
• Drive successful execution of campaigns from campaign brief to copy and content development of lifecycle marketing initiatives with various agencies or vendors, owning accuracy and quality assurance of campaigns.
• Utilize segmentation tools to develop optimal audiences and testing calendar, collaborating with analytics, brand, and acquisition teams for insights
• Monitor and report on key lifecycle marketing metrics for campaigns and overall CRM programs; make recommendations to other teams on change to tactics/strategy as applicable
• Utilize email marketing at a strategic level for customer engagement and repeat purchase, evaluate, and develop business cases for new channels such as push and SMS/text messaging
• Monitor operational metrics such as blacklists, unsubscribes, churn, deliverability, and other communications metrics to protect health of the emailable database; Drive partnership with communications vendors (eg, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Epsilon) for performance.
• Effectively communicate with brand, ecommerce/product, and creative teams to align product onboarding/education and other projects such as communications aspects of loyalty program to drive retention.
• Manage budget of all aspects of retention, including forecasting, reporting, analysis, and competitive benchmarking
• Evaluate end-to-end customer touchpoints to develop a plan and strategies to improve the relationship in a way that drives incremental value to customers and to the business. Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree preferred, MBA a plus
• Ten (10) or more years of combined experience including eight (8) or more years in CRM or customer retention marketing, and three (3) or more years at DTC/subscription business is required.
• Three (3) or more years of experience managing a team of direct reports is required.
• Expert level knowledge with customer platforms, messaging, automation tools developing engagement, retention efforts including cross-sell, upsell, winbacks
• Experience developing and implementing successful segmented lifecycle campaigns based on personalization/triggers
• Experience managing marketing communications cloud service (Epsilon, Salesforce, Cordial) – email and SMS, push, and in-app messaging a plus
• Fluent understanding of Retention KPI's – Churn rate, LTV, Repeat Purchase, RFM, etc.
• Loyalty program experience preferred
• Proven ability to manage and maintain strong cross-functional relationships across multiple teams (product, BI, data, design, etc.) and an ability to coordinate timely feedback and approvals
• Strong data and analytical skills with proven ability to translate performance metrics into action
• Leadership experience includes the ability to build and grow a team and to collaborate and influence teams to drive positive business performance and results
• Strong presentation and communications skills including experience presenting to executives and/or at industry events
• Ability to be both a data-minded marketer and a seasoned operator who can drive various strategies for customer engagement and retention.
qualified candidate, please submit resumes
Eleventh Hour's mission is to change the perception of the staffing industry one client at a time. We care about people and we're passionate about finding great candidates amazing jobs with great clients. This business is about people and we take the time to understand the people we work with.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online