Confidential Via Staffing FirmOrlando, FL
Full Time Job
CREATIVE STUDIO CREATIVE DIRECTOR
Scope of Work
THIS ROLE IS CONTRACT TO HIRE
The Creative Director is responsible for developing the creative strategy and providing aesthetic direction for the overall brand, rides, show, facilities and guest experience elements for the project, in concert with the Creative Studio and Property Project Team from Phase 3 Concept Development through Opening Day. The Creative Director shall conceive, develop and define all creative aspects of the project that affect the guest experience and provide review and commentary to maintain show quality standards for company.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Oversees the development and definition of all creative aspects of the project that affect the guest experience. This may include, but is not limited to, storyline, project concept, vehicle design, brand development (logo, key art, brand style guide), design development (architectural / MEP and show set package), material & color specifications (rides, facilities, show elements, FF&E, etc.), graphics concepts and design development, lighting concept, audio (music, sound effects & script development), sourcing props, décor, etc.
• Serves as ''vision-keeper'' for the project team. Communicates, inspires and maintains project intent, objectives and design among the CS and Property Team members.
• Review all content developed to ensure compliance with brand goals and project objectives.
• Provides oversight and directs the execution of design and in-progress construction for creative quality, including site visits (project site, fabricators, ride vendor, etc.) and shop drawing & sample reviews, as needed. May serve as onsite Field Art Director, if required by the project.
• Develops and presents project presentations to both internal and external audiences to communicate project concept, content and status.
• Responsible for sourcing external vendors and ensuring they stay within the agreed-upon budget and that they design to the established project or design element budget.
• Participate in value engineering efforts, as needed.
• Responsible for delivering established documentation and presentations as outlined in the master project schedule.
• Work with the CS Project Manager to ensure that the design deliverables meet their scheduled due dates. If there is a schedule slip, with the CS Project Manager, develop a recovery / action plan.
• Interface and manage appropriate internal and external resources through every phase of design, production and installation. In conjunction with the CS Project Manager, Senior Director, Strategic Planning & Development and Senior Director, Design Services and Development, develop design scopes of work, manage sourcing, staffing and implementation to support all project efforts. If required, negotiate with and procure outside resources as necessary, and ensure they are on budget and on schedule.
• Work with CS Project Manager to ensure Scopes of Work and Agreements are developed and executed for each vendor / scope of work.
• The Creative Director will be a partner to the CS Project Manager on the project and will roll up to the Senior Director, Guest Experiences from a creative process and oversight standpoint to ensure that the project and deliverables fulfill the project objectives & goals.
Administration / Communication
• Work with CS Project Manager to ensure any required project team, internal or executive meetings are set up. Lead the design portion of meetings & drive them to conclusion. Articulate and negotiate consensus on a final vision of the guest experience and project goals.
• Provide status reports on project design, on a weekly basis to the project team, or more often if requested.
• Responsible for utilizing all PDP tools/deliverables as indicated in the PDP matrix, to ensure the project follows company protocols. This includes Deliverables Lists, Estimate Templates, Attraction Scope Documents, Trend Log, Project Profiles, etc.
• Responsible for Document Control for external design vendors, which includes setting up, following company protocols and ensuring all Design Dropbox folders are populated and up-to-date. An employee must set up the initial, primary DB folders, so that company is the owner.
• Development of Close-Out Documentation, as required.
• All verbal communication with vendors, project team, etc. should be documented in email and issued to the appropriate project team members.
• Utilize company-provided computer and email address, as required.
• Utilize a company-provided signature block on emails & correspondence, which indicate role as Creative Director / representative rather than individual company contact information.
• Must be courteous and polite in written and oral communications and be able to convey ideas in a non confrontational manner in one-on-one situations, small groups and before large audiences. Must utilize Leading with Love tenets.
Qualified candidates please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Eleventh Hour's mission is to change the perception of the staffing industry one client at a time. We care about people and we're passionate about finding great candidates amazing jobs with great clients. This business is about people and we take the time to understand the people we work with.