Art Director - Show / Production Design
Confidential Via Staffing FirmLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Eleventh Hour and Quibi have come together to find an Art Director for Show/Production Design to guide overall creative direction of in-show visuals that lean into the strengths of Quibi's unique format by sharing learnings about effective visual language, creative needs, expectations, challenges and opportunities specific to Quibi's content
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Be a visual tastemaker when it comes to the overall aesthetic of Quibi's shows
• Art direct and develop physical set designs with Quibi's creative partners
• Develop in-show specific GFX kits with Quibi's content executives and external partners
• Help guide the overall aesthetic choices in development through physical production
• Develop, build and implement systems of communication with internal and external partners to facilitate efficient and timely design workflows around overall aesthetics of our content. This includes set design, lighting and filming, frame compositions, color palettes and wardrobe
• Establish visual expressions and characteristics that create overall consistencies to Quibi content
• Creates and maintains ongoing best practices unique to designing effective mobile-first content
• Engage Quibi filmmakers and storytellers in dynamic dialogues to distill and document learnings around creating dual asset content.
• Serve as liaison between Quibi Content Innovation and internal stakeholders (Creative, Production, Post-Production Marketing, Product, etc.) to ensure smooth collaboration from all parties regarding in-show GFX and aesthetic choices.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Must have 10 years of relevant hands-on design experience in film, broadcast, digital and mobile
• Strong background in Art Direction for graphics and motion design
• Experience with mobile-first produced content
• On-set live-action experience
• Experience designing for vertical video
• Experience with designing modular visual systems for platforms as well as shows, commercials and campaigns
• Professional experience with illustration, typography, motion graphics, animation, photography and product experience
• Expert proficiency in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects)
• Able to connect the dots across content, product, marketing and external partners
• Experience with ideation and pitch processes
• Creatives who are invested in embedding in a company with a focus on furthering specific user centered design principles unique to Quibi
• Understanding of live broadcast environments a plus
• Experience tracking status of projects using project management software a plus
• Self-motivated, proficient multi-tasker, able to stay organized with a high volume of projects in simultaneous phases of production
• Enthusiastic team player, able to communicate succinctly, emanate calm and remain focused in a high pressure, ambiguous environment
• Ability to nurture and maintain strong industry relationships; foster and build new relationships
• Understanding of industry standards as it relates to production processes and practices
• Ability to travel to productions domestically and abroad as needed
• Ability to work across multiple time zones
This is a direct hire opportunity with compensation between 180-200K, DOE. For consideration, please submit your resume and portfolio.
Eleventh Hour's mission is to change the perception of the staffing industry one client at a time. We care about people and we're passionate about finding great candidates amazing jobs with great clients. This business is about people and we take the time to understand the people we work with.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online