Concordia StudioLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Concordia Studio seeks an in-house Production Accountant for a key role in our Accounting Department. This is an exciting opportunity for the detail-oriented individual, eager to work with a new, award-winning film and television production company, with the ability to grow within the nonfiction department.
• Manage the day-to-day oversight of various projects financial health.
• Retain strong fiscal control over budgets and spend of multiple shows simultaneously.
• Track and process show payments, fundings and update cash forecasts accordingly.
• Update show-related information in production accounting software
• Supports payroll processing and timecards.
• Assist producers with bidding, budgeting, and projections.
• Generates weekly financial reports for production.
• Ad hoc reports
• Reviews and codes production specific purchase orders and invoices
• Reviews weekly detail reports for accuracy and makes reclassifications as required.
• Provides show information needed for facility forecasting and planning.
• Maintains assigned production accounting records/master costs database/entry/etc.
• Prepares and manages billing and collections for assigned productions.
• Supports payroll processing and timecards.
• Ensure compliance with regulatory and union payroll requirements.
• Tax incentive/Rebates
• PSL3 and Cashet Fluent (will consider other production accounting software)
• Solid skills and problem solving
• Digital Paperwork processing
• Strong Computer Skills
• Tax credits
• 6+ years of experience, combination of on-set accounting and corporate production finance
• Corporate Accounting background (experience w/bank recs, tb and journal entries)
• Confident communicator who enjoys working in a collaborative and collegial environment
This role is instrumental to the success of the company by ensuring accurate accounting reporting and procedures. The role is remote until Covid restrictions are lifted and health advisories deem it safe to work from the Venice, CA office. Hiring immediately.
ABOUT CONCORDIA STUDIO:
Concordia is a talent-first studio, founded by Davis Guggenheim and Jonathan King, to produce and finance the most compelling storytelling with the most exciting creators. The studio's 2021 Sundance Official Selections in US Nonfiction Competition include HOMEROOM (Peter Nicks), SUMMER OF SOUL (Ahmir 'Questlove' Thompson), and AT THE READY (Maisie Crow).
Completed titles from 2020 include Sundance competition films BOYS STATE (Jesse Moss, Amanda McBaine) which won the U.S. Grand Jury Prize for Documentary and was distributed in 2020 through Apple TV+ and A24; TIME (Garrett Bradley) which won the Directing Award for U.S. Documentary and was distributed by Amazon Studios, A THOUSAND CUTS (Ramona S. Diaz) was released by PBS Distribution
and FRONTLINE, and BLOODY NOSE, EMPTY POCKETS (Bill Ross & Turner Ross) which screened at the 2020 Berlin International Film Festival and was released by Utopia. Other recent work includes INSIDE BILL'S BRAIN: DECODING BILL GATES (Davis Guggenheim) for Netflix, Sundance premiered WHERE'S MY ROY COHN? (Matt Tyrnauer) for Sony Pictures Classics, Sundance premiered BISBEE '17 (Robert Greene), Sundance Grand Jury Prize Winning THE PRICE OF FREE (Derek Doneen) for YouTube Premium and FROM HERE TO HOME, a series of shorts with the New York Times Op-Docs including Laura Nix's Oscar-nominated WALK RUN CHA-CHA. Our fellowship program supports the next wave of documentary filmmaking talent to tell stories from diverse perspectives.
EEO AND INCLUSION:
At Concordia Studio, we believe that inclusive employment, workplace and creative practices are pivotal to creating content that speaks to diverse international audiences. Concordia Studio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage and seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, pregnancy, or parental status. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to these identities or any other basis as protected by
federal, state, or local law. We strive to create a supportive, collaborative work environment where staff and creator contributions are valued and respected, and where belonging is essential for inspiring our best work.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online