Post Production Supervisor
Concordia StudioLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Post Production Supervisor - Nonfiction
Concordia Studio seeks an in-house Nonfiction Post Production Supervisor for a key role overseeing our studio post infrastructure. This is an exciting opportunity for someone eager to work with a new, award-winning film and television production company, with the ability to grow within the nonfiction department. It's suited for the detail-oriented organizer who's a confident communicator and enjoys working in a collaborative and collegial environment.
This role is instrumental to the success of the company by ensuring smooth post production processes and procedures, and seamless project delivery to our distributors. The role is remote until Covid restrictions are lifted and health advisories deem it safe to work from the Venice, CA office. Hiring immediately.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES INCLUDE:
* Oversee and manage the company's post-production infrastructure and workflow. Design, facilitate, and supervise post workflow for a variety of projects both in scale and scope. Manage edit bay scheduling, equipment research and purchases, server upkeep (NEXIS, ISIS) etc.
* Manage post production freelancers. Work closely with editors in preliminary stages to develop offline/online workflow, including the organizational structure of projects and any concerns or considerations that might arise in the post-production stage. Assist freelancers with LTO and NAS systems.
* Collaborate with various project post supervisors to manage post workflows and deliverables as needed including: creating avid project structures, setting up remote edit workflows, research, log, transcode, and ingest archival material, sync interviews, selects, and casting reels, creating promo assets, etc.
* Create LTO Archive Backups
* Manage physical project deliveries
* General tech/IT troubleshooting. Advise on technical limitations and/or needs on an overall scope as well as on a project-by-project basis.
* Manage all account information for software and hardware (licenses, passwords, login info, etc.)
* Assist in developing a post-production workflow bible catered to the company (including naming conventions, best standards of practices, project creation, backups, data management, etc.)
* Keep track of costs and rentals for project bill back
* Maintain and troubleshoot software and hardware issues, with backup plans and outside vendor relationships to tackle tech support issues
* Manage current equipment and advise on new purchases, upgrades, and expendable
* Evaluate and advise on deliverable lists and schedules
* Coordinate with local vendors and facilities on a variety of projects to finalize QC, manufacture deliverables, coordinate delivery, confirmation, and validation.
* Vast knowledge and understanding of the post-production pipeline
* Direct experience delivering nonfiction films and series to distributors
* Demonstrated professionalism, composure, and conscientiousness in interactions with highprofile clients and executives.
* Can commute to work at the Venice, CA headquarters once health advisories permit a return to offices.
* BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
* Familiarity or experience in premium nonfiction film/tv production at the studio level
* Excitement about nonfiction storytelling
ABOUT CONCORDIA STUDIO:
Concordia is a talent-first studio, founded by Davis Guggenheim and Jonathan King, to produce and finance the most compelling storytelling with the most exciting creators. The studio's 2021 Sundance Official Selections in US Nonfiction Competition include HOMEROOM (Peter Nicks), SUMMER OF SOUL (Ahmir 'Questlove' Thompson), and AT THE READY (Maisie Crow).
Completed titles from 2020 include Sundance competition films BOYS STATE (Jesse Moss, Amanda McBaine) which won the U.S. Grand Jury Prize for Documentary and was distributed in 2020 through Apple TV+ and A24; TIME (Garrett Bradley) which won the Directing Award for U.S. Documentary and was distributed by Amazon Studios, A THOUSAND CUTS (Ramona S. Diaz) was released by PBS Distribution and FRONTLINE, and BLOODY NOSE, EMPTY POCKETS (Bill Ross & Turner Ross) which screened at the 2020 Berlin International Film Festival and was released by Utopia. Other recent work includes INSIDE BILL'S BRAIN: DECODING BILL GATES (Davis Guggenheim) for Netflix, Sundance premiered WHERE'S MY ROY COHN? (Matt Tyrnauer) for Sony Pictures Classics,Sundance premiered BISBEE '17 (Robert Greene), Sundance Grand Jury Prize Winning THE PRICE OF FREE (Derek Doneen) for YouTube Premium and FROM HERE TO HOME, a series of shorts with the New York Times Op-Docs including Laura Nix's Oscar-nominated WALK RUN CHA-CHA. Our fellowship program supports the next wave of documentary filmmaking talent to tell stories from diverse perspectives.
EEO AND INCLUSION:
At Concordia Studio, we believe that inclusive employment, workplace and creative practices are pivotal to creating content that speaks to diverse international audiences. Concordia Studio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage and seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, pregnancy, or parental status. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to these identities or any other other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. We strive to create a supportive, collaborative work environment where staff and creator contributions are valued and respected, and where belonging is essential for inspiring our best work.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online