Concordia StudioVenice, CA
Full Time Job
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an exciting new non-fiction studio, supporting a small core team, with the ability to grow within the department.
The Development Coordinator is a key supporting role within the studio. Some of the responsibilities will be creatively challenging and exciting; some will be the day-to-day tasks of keeping our EVP Nonfiction Films & Series on track and supporting our Development Executive and Director of Development. We're looking for a master at both types of responsibilities; the ideal candidate is interested in taking every task, large or small, to the next level. Directly reports to the Development team.
Responsibilities and duties include (but are not limited to):
• Manage all daily scheduling and requests for meetings, calls and pitches for the development team. This involves preemptive communication the evening before each business day, and creating systems for daily check-ins about the shifting schedule throughout the day.
• Other administrative duties include:
• generation and management of daily interactive to-do lists on Asana, the studio's task- management system;
• organization and creation of itineraries around travel and events;
• management of receipts and expenses;
• assisting with the coordination of all internal communications;
• taking notes on calls and in meetings.
• Support the management of internal systems and communications regarding the studio's ''live'' slate of developments and productions through ongoing upkeep and updates in Asana.
• Support the development team with the coordination of internal databases, talent lists, festival and industry tracking documents, submissions tracking, and other key organizational systems.
• Where appropriate, support the development team with research and coverage around submissions and ideas. This may variously include producing a book report; reviewing a podcast or article for adaptation potential; tracking IP and generating internal reading lists; conducting research on a subject or around project comparables; and other research-based tasks that may arise.
• Support the development team in managing workflow for incoming submissions and reviewing project submissions, where appropriate.
The successful candidate will:
• Have at least 2 years of internship, assistant, or coordinator-level experience.
• Support and collaborate effectively with the development team in a key supporting role.
• Understand the ''gatekeeper'' perspective, with the ability to effectively prioritize.
• Have passion for - and early stage knowledge of - the fast-changing non-fiction/ documentary content space across all platforms, including key ''name'' talents, important titles, and zeitgeist & audience trends for content & subject matter.
• Be a highly motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills who can maintain internal logging systems & processes and introduce new efficiencies.
• Have the ability to get out from behind the computer and get things done on the phone when needed.
• Have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and to organize effectively over several projects, with a strong ability to perceive and relay problems quickly.
• Have sound editorial judgement and an understanding of Concordia Studio's ambitious creative vision.
• Be technically proficient and intuitive, with knowledge of Mac and related programs.
• Be a confident communicator.
• Be a team player with a commitment to contributing to a healthy working environment.
• Have finesse in juggling competing demands from creative executives.
• Have the ability to support Concordia Studio relationships with third-party producers, talent agents, and distributors.
• Understand the necessity for discretion across the slate and company matters.
No phone calls or recruiters please. This position is not being outsourced.
The Los Angeles-based CONCORDIA STUDIO was launched by Academy award winner Davis Guggenheim & Emerson Collective to focus on bold non-fiction storytelling. The studio develops, produces and finances documentary across all platforms with a range of international partners and collaborators.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online