Company 3Santa Monica, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Search for Producer, Episodic jobs in Santa Monica-CA
May require travel or working out of Santa Monica or Hollywood.
• Drive Online artist schedule and manage both online and color session time.
• Face to face interaction with artist regarding sessions, new specs, and clientele.
• Coordinate Online Artist time off with the production team.
• Act as the main point of contact for clients, via e-mail, phone, in-person meetings.
• Maintain effective communication with clients regarding deliverables and job status, including billing updates when workflow changes; work
with coordinators to meet client needs.
• E-mail clients the daily memo that contains all relevant information for the following day pertaining to their show.
Bids and Budget
• Gather all key information (bids, schedule, & delivery specifications, etc.) necessary to manage project budgets.
• Regularly communicate budget status to clients.
• Establishing a project workflow with the VP of Production and HoP to fit the clients' budget.
Preparations for Projects/Sessions
• Obtain all project details and specs prior to the session.
• Ensure all specs fit within the clients booked time and will meet their delivery deadlines.
• Work with VP of Production and HoP to find alternative workflows to accommodate the clients'
• Ensure clients are aware of how and where to deliver elements
• Make sure all necessary elements and prep are acquired prior to session allowing for adequate prep time.
• Verify project is built and setup prior to session start / client arrival. Arrive a half-hour before first sup'd session when needed, double
checking complicated setups/laydowns, etc.
• Communicate weekend and holiday staffing needs to the production team.
• Coordinate and schedule meetings with internal team on complex projects.
Execution of Job
• Create Work Orders for all billable, non-billable, testing and pro bono work. No work is to be done without a Work Order, no exceptions.
• Generate work orders based on the approved work order template.
• Ensure that the production team is aware of any special set-up needs per project.
• Greet and escort clients to the bays upon arrival.
• Check in on artists, clients, assists, and client services on a regular basis to make sure the session is well supported. The client should feel the
producer's presence and know that you are taking care of them.
• Organize, supervise and monitor the progress of a session to make sure it is on schedule.
• Make the production team is aware of any known project updates coming their way.
• Update tasks and the production team with any spec changes.
• Communicate any machine downtime to production, operations, engineering, and clients and arrange for other solutions to keep the session
• Keep track of all elements pertaining to the projects being produced.
• Supervise evening and weekend sessions (if required) or delegate them to associate producer with a proper hand off sheet with all details
clearly specified (contacts, renders, duplication, shipping, io, ftp, etc. information).
• Coordinate the delivery of all required elements by the desired deadline date with the client/vault.
• Email (via vault or yourself) the client all proper tracking information including contents and expected delivery date/time to the requested
• Follow up with client after session to ensure all elements were received timely and accurately.
• Work with accounting to make sure the billing is properly done in accordance to the client's needs.
• Make sure all Work Orders are reviewed and actualized by yourself (with applicable accounting information: i.e. rates, billable hours, etc)
What You Bring:
• TV Post Production experience
• Post scheduling experience
• Media Pulse and/ or post production scheduling software experience
• Basic knowledge of offline editing workflows including but not limited to the understanding of EDL, XML, and AAF.
• Basic knowledge of Finishing, VFX, and Sound workflow a plus
• Basic knowledge of HDR and Dolby Vision finishing
• Knowledge of digital capture cameras and files
• Knowledge of file based workflow