Manager, Consumer Publicity
Comedy CentralHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Consumer Publicity- Comedy Central, Paramount Network, TV Land
Overview and Responsibilities
Seeking a dynamic professional to lead publicity efforts for unscripted series for Comedy Central and Paramount Network including, but not limited to, series such as Lights Out with David Spade, Crank Yankers, Drunk History, Bar Rescue, Ink Master, Wife Swap, Battle of the Fittest Couples. This position will work with brand executives, series talent and executive producers on franchise launches and ongoing publicity efforts and be called upon to help shape brand messaging for the unscripted space.
The ideal candidate should possess a big-picture attitude and history of proven success in executing communications initiatives for unscripted series, along with creativity in using new tactics and tools to communicate internally and externally. This position reports to Vice President, Communications in Hollywood.
include, but are not limited to:
• Build and implement multiplatform publicity campaigns for all unscripted initiatives
• Coordinate interviews and press junkets with talent and executives, prioritize and manage on-set press during series production, arrange photo shoots and appearances
• Create and edit press materials for projects
• Craft key talking points and lead all aspects of internal and external messaging around projects
• Explore and execute trade media opportunities surrounding assignments
• Manage junior members on select projects
• Understand and promote brand messaging in pitches/stories
• Bachelor's degree
• Entertainment industry experience and positive relationships with key media contacts
• Experience planning and executing press tour appearances as well as set visits, screenings, press junkets, etc
• Minimum 4 years of experience in Consumer Publicity
• Highly organized with outstanding attention to accuracy and detail
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to prioritize and be flexible to shifting priorities/deadlines
• Ability to lead multiple tasks and activities simultaneously
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication, problem-solving and organizational skills
• Creative thinker who is willing to contribute and execute new ideas
• Ambitious, self-starter
• A love of pop culture
• Must be willing to travel and work some evenings and weekends for screenings, events, press junkets, etc.
Comedy Central gives audiences access to a world of super funny, personally relatable, culturally relevant, and provocative comedy that tells the funny truths of life, every day and everywhere. From award-winning late-night, scripted and animated series to stand-up specials, short-form and sketch, Comedy Central has it all. A subsidiary of Viacom Inc., Comedy Central is available to more than 300 million households in over 150 countries across the globe.