Assistant Director / Marketing
Colorado RockiesDenver, CO
This was removed by the employer on 8/25/2022 4:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Assistant Director / Marketing jobs in Denver-CO
Search all Assistant Director / Marketing postings
Full Time Job
This position will be responsible for the planning, execution and ongoing management of all marketing and advertising efforts on behalf of the Colorado Rockies organization. The Assistant Marketing Director is responsible for the successful execution of the marketing strategy which includes paid media, promotional message calendar, institutional inventory and fan communication platforms, promotional deliverables, marketing initiatives and programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and execute marketing and advertising strategy, based on knowledge of established objectives and market and fan segmentation characteristics.
• Work with ticket sales to align the marketing strategy with ticket and revenue goals, single game ticket strategy, and fan communication and engagement in order to maximize ROI, grow fan base, drive fan development and brand loyalty.
• Responsible for developing and activating season-long paid media strategy, including placement through external media agency, creative development, and distribution for traditional and non-traditional channels including radio, TV, print, out of home, digital, and paid social.
• Lead the day-to-day management and coordination of external media agency to provide strategic media planning, tactical media placement and ongoing optimization based on learnings and insights.
• Manage advertising campaign, timelines, creative production, and message integration into various campaigns, ensure creative campaigns are on-strategy and consistent with the platform and strategic goals.
• Day-to-day management of the marketing strategy and tactics while collaborating cross-departmentally to ensure a seamless cross-functional workflow, timely execution of deliverables, and foster opportunities for ROI.
• Plan and oversee marketing and promotional platforms and communication; including the full-cycle production of assets through writing ad copy, working with club creatives, coordination with the media agency, and distribution of deliverables.
• Lead the execution of marketing programs from start to finish, driving collaboration with stakeholders and leveraging internal processes and relationships.
• Team Player: As a member of the Communications & Marketing Department, must be willing to help in all aspects of the department and organization, especially as it relates to events, marketing initiatives and administrative needs.
• Oversee and manage the creative pipeline and see deliverables through to the approval by coordinating and supporting the club creative team through the production process.
• Manage and maintain the Marketing departmental budget.
• Assist with website updating, tracking the website for discrepancies and creating assets following MLB's guidelines.
• Assist with planning and execution of Rockies Fest, Caravans and multicultural program administration.
• One to three full-time staff, plus potential part-time staff
• BS/BA degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Business, or related field
• 6-7 years of experience in advertising, creative development, promotion, writing ad copy and ad campaign creation
• Pro sports team, preferably MLB, experience
• The candidate should be well versed in media planning, traditional and non-traditional media buying
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with media planning, including TV, radio, out of home, digital and paid social advertising
• Experience managing and monitoring a budget
• Works well in a team environment
• Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills
• Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize workflow while delivering high quality work
• Management or supervisor experience
WORKING CONDITIONS/WORK SCHEDULE:
• Hours generally 8a.m. – 5p.m., Monday-Friday with some longer hours or weekend work as needed
$70,000 to $75,000 per year. This is a full-time position eligible for all company benefits.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and letter of interest no later than August 26th, 2022.
Rockies baseball is for everyone! We pride ourselves on hiring, developing, and promoting talent as an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. In addition, we will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodation to otherwise qualified job applicants and employees with known physical or mental disabilities in compliance with the ADA. All employment and promotion decisions will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.