Social Media Manager
COLCOA French Film FestivalLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Job
Recognized as one of Los Angeles' leading film festivals, the COLCOA French Film Festival is an annual celebration of the very best of French cinema at the Directors Guild of America taking place this year September 23-28 2019. The festival has successfully grown for the past 20 years and the Social Media Manager's position is being created to further develop our online presence and engage with our audience online in close relationship with the Deputy Director and Director.
Potential applicants are welcome to discuss the position with Anouchka van Riel, Deputy Director.
The position is part time before the festival (July 1st to Sep 23) with the Social Media Manager working from home, and at the DGA and full time during the festival Sep 23-28.
Pay: $4,000 flat
Develop original content (engaging text and ads) and suggest creative ways to attract more audience members and promote COLCOA across multiple platforms (facebook, twitter, instagram, YouTube)
• Create, develop and edit compelling, high-quality graphics + videos with focus on graphics, text and animation -in collaboration with the graphic designer - to sustain readers' curiosity and create buzz around 2019 line-up and past COLCOA screenings
• Research audience preferences and discover current trends
• Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness
• Train co-workers to use social media in a cohesive and beneficial way
• Facilitate online conversations with audience and respond to queries
• Report on online reviews and feedback from audience and fans
• Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and customer engagement metrics
• Develop and help with newsletters (mailchimp)
• Oversee social media accounts' layout
• Suggest new ways to attract prospective audience, like promotions and contests with special emphasis on educational program to ultimately increase amount of followers, web traffic and customer engagement metrics across all platforms
• Produce a wrap report
• A fluency in cinema culture --particularly French cinema -- is essential
• Strong copywriting skills is a must have
• Proficiency in Hootsuite or Buffer or equivalent Social Media Management Tool is necessary as well as Google docs.
• At least 2-3 years of experience in a social media role. (Including Internships)
• Must be a self-starter, proactive and driven, with a strong work ethic, a high level of motivation, a strong sense of urgency when needed, the ability to work without direct supervision and consistently meet deadlines
• Attention to detail, high productivity and concern for accuracy and excellence
• A strategic and creative thinker, with a strong interest in the future development of COLCOA and the ability to work collaboratively with a small integrated management team
• The ability and
COLCOA, the largest French Film Festival in the world was founded in 1997 by The Franco-American Cultural Fund, a unique collaborative effort of the Directors Guild of America, the Motion Picture Association, the Writers Guild of America West, and France's Society of Authors Composers and Publishers of Music (SACEM). COLCOA is the acronym of ''City of Light, City of Angels'' the original name of an event celebrating relationships between filmmakers from Paris and Los Angeles, the two historic capitals of cinema. COLCOA is committed to promoting new French films in the U.S. and to showcasing the diversity of French cinema and French television programs. In 23 years, 800+ films have been showcased. COLCOA has continually evolved to become an 6-day showcase of 80+ films, with a capacity of more than 23,000 moviegoers in 2018, and an average of 3,000 attendees per day. The festival takes place the last week of September at the Directors Guild of America.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online