Art Director / Prod Designer
Colcoa French Film FestivalLos Angeles, CA
French Film Fest LA ISO art director/prod designer
The COLCOA French Film Festival (Sep 20-26 2021) is seeking an art director / production designer for a freelance position to create a French modern-themed to go in the lobby, VIP lounge, and outdoors patio of the Directors Guild of America. This is the second year we are transforming the lobby of the DGA for our 7-day festival. Art will need to be large and impressive to transform the lobby of the DGA (which is big with high ceilings) but it will also need to include community spaces that festival goers will interact with, will hang out in, and make use of. We want to not only use props and set elements but also for you to bring in lighting, projections and cinematic flourishes so that festival goers can be immersed into a world and for instance feel like they are in a film when they enter the DGA lobby. We look forward to your ideas.
What we are looking for:
- Sophisticated design taste
- Keen eye for detail
- Self-motivated with proven ability to multi-task and deliver results in a fast-paced, high-energy environment while under tight deadlines
- Excellent project management skills
- An affinity for French culture beyond the stereotypical
- Ability to work well in a team-based environment, flexible
- Relationships with prop houses
- Based in Los Angeles
- Please apply if you have experience in event spaces or as a production designer / art director in film and TV, we do want to see examples of your work that demonstrate that you can pull this off
What we will also need:
- Come up with a concept. Lay out in a visual presentation early on and a final rendering that is in context to the existing lobby
- Work closely with festival deputy director and director and DGA Ops team (design need to be safety compliant per DGA rules)
- In charge of transpo, set up, and breakdown
- Film festival goers will be interacting with the set so it will need to be designed and executed with this in mind
In our initial conversation we will share budget, responsibilities sand timeframe/ access to the DGA and COVID constraints.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online