Cohen Gardner LLPBeverly Hills, CA
Cohen Gardner LLP is seeking an attorney with experience in film and television, to render services as an independent contractor starting September 1, 2020 until January 15, 2021. The candidate will work directly under the supervision of partners and must be able to manage multiple clients and projects on an ongoing basis in a fast-paced firm. The firm's clients include actors, writers, directors, producers, production companies, financiers, and executives.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
• Structuring, drafting, negotiating, reviewing and commenting upon a wide range of talent agreements, rights agreements, and production-related agreements in the film, scripted and unscripted television arenas.
• Assisting partners with film finance agreements, film loan closings and various related matters
• Interfacing with partners and clients to keep them apprised of the status of all open negotiations
• J.D. from a top tier ABA-accredited law school
• 2 years of experience working at a motion picture or television studio, agency, production company, or entertainment law firm
• Attention to detail, diplomacy, creative thinking, problem-solving, ability to manage multiple projects and tasks efficiently and quickly, intense focus
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational and time-management skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Adobe Acrobat
• Demonstrate professionalism, tact, discretion, and an overall good attitude and high energy
Salary will be commensurate with experience
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online