Writer / Producer - Morning Programming
CNNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
WarnerMedia seeks a Writer/Producer for Morning Programming.
The Writer/Producer for CNN's morning show, New Day, is responsible for producing live interviews on an overnight shift. The position involves conceptualizing, researching and producing segments for television and digital extensions. Duties include pre-interviewing guests, writing intros, selecting sound and producing graphics to support each segment.
The Writer/Producer will work closely with management to ensure that direction of segments fit the show's mission and that copy is urgent. Must be able to produce segments under tight deadlines and pitch story & guest ideas.
This producer is also expected to write anchor copy and teases for live shows. The ideal candidate must also work well with talent, anticipate their needs and communicate clearly with the control room. This producer is expected to pitch compelling and creative story ideas on a regular basis.
• 3-5 years of production or related experience.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic are critical for the position.
• Strong interest and knowledge in politics and current events
• Requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and entertaining ways to present information, new angles to approach stories, and the organization skills to bring it all together.
• Excellent writing skills and an ability to produce quality work quickly
• Must have the ability to enterprise ideas, work well independently and with a team
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
• This position requires the employee to work an overnight shift and schedule flexibility to meet the demands of breaking news.
• This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States. WarnerMedia requires anyone working in our workplaces in the U.S. to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.