CNNNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/12/2024 2:37:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Writer, International jobs in New York-NY
Search all Writer, International postings
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
Your New Role…
The Writer will be part of CNN International's New York team, working on news and business stories. The candidate should be able to produce high-volume, high-quality copy under deadline pressure. They will be able to craft smart and snappy writes on everything from the biggest news stories of the day to the top business headlines. The candidate must have a proven ability to function successfully in the control room and newsroom environments.
We want someone who will bring creativity and clever production to craft beautifully put together segments, using the best pictures, graphics and sound. We want good ideas, both on the editorial direction of the show and guests. We are a small team and value contributions from everyone.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Must be able to work with producers and communicate effectively with anchors and the wider production team.
• We need someone who is calm under pressure, able to juggle different demands and priorities
• Handle graphics requests and work with Producers on elements for live shots.
• Must have a BA or equivalent work experience.
• At least one year of experience as a full-time writer or successful completion of writer training in a newsroom, ideally including business news experience.
• It is important for the candidate to have a thorough understanding and proven experience in handling international stories.
• Successful candidates will demonstrate a knowledge of and active participation in social media as a news tool.
• Must have the flexibility to work different shifts including evenings, overnights and weekends.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skill set, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $62,006.00 - $115,155.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and sick time and vacation.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at email@example.com.