Writer / Copy Editor, The Source With Kaitlan Collins
CNNNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/26/2023 3:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Writer / Copy Editor, The Source With Kaitlan Collins jobs in New York-NY
Search all Writer / Copy Editor, The Source With Kaitlan Collins postings
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Your New Role…
The Writer/Copy Editor for The Source with Kaitlan Collins will check scripts for accuracy, style, balance, and conformity. This person will check source material, verify font, and tape information and ensure scripts are ready for air. This person will also write anchor copy and stories as needed. The Writer/Copy Editor is a close advisor on editorial issues. Works closely with senior management, anchors, producers, and bookers to craft the content of the program.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Edit copy to ensure scripts are easy to understand, interesting, creative, and compelling. Work toward compelling, conversational anchor copy that is accurate and up to date.
• Check accuracy of all components of program, including graphics and other on-air editorial elements. Will re-work scripts when needed.
• Correctly format scripts and view video and graphics to ensure scripts and images are in sync.
• Write compelling and relevant content, storylines, conversational anchor copy, etc.
• Must take an active role in many aspects of program preparation.
Must be flexible and able to regularly work long hours, this role will require being onsite 5 days a week and work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of experience with strong editing skills which includes accuracy, balance, language, and style
• Ability to produce quality work quickly
• Flexibility to adapt during breaking news, ability to adapt to program or anchor style and rewrite when necessary
• Production skills and experience preferred
• Must be eager, cooperative, energetic and team oriented
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skillset, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $87,500.00 - $162,500.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.