Full Time Job
Video Producer, Inside Politics Sunday With Abby Phillip
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Your New Role…
The Video Producer, Inside Politics Sunday with Abby Phillip will work with a variety of producers to generate exciting, live, politically-focused segment material.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• This person will be proficient in screening media for the best visual elements as well as editorial sound bites.
• This person will assist in all aspects of newsgathering with an emphasis on the visual -- video and graphics.
• The Video Producer assists in research, compilation, and production of segments.
• This role may involve working early mornings, evenings and/or weekends as the news cycle and deadlines require.
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of two years production experience in the news television industry.
• A deep interest in and a foundational knowledge of the current domestic political landscape.
• Strong news judgment as well as written, verbal, interpersonal communication, research and production skills.
• Strong writing skills, eventually may be called upon to independently write television scripts.
• Candidate should have standard knowledge of show production.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.