Travel Products Editor, Underscored
CNNNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/7/2023 7:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Travel Products Editor, Underscored jobs in New York-NY
Search all Travel Products Editor, Underscored postings
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
Your New Role…
The Travel Products Editor is tasked with leading coverage of travel products for CNN Underscored. The editor is tasked with sourcing quality products for travel guides and other roundups, researching and testing travel-related products and finding deals on other travel-adjacent products. The editor will also assist with Travel Rewards content on an as-needed basis, so a knowledge of travel loyalty programs is a huge plus.
The Travel Products Editor works closely with the Lifestyle Editor and Senior Money/Travel Rewards Editor to build out a strategic editorial calendar based on tentpole events, sales, and relevant trending products and services.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Keep abreast of the travel landscape, identifying key consumer trends and travel products that will resonate with the CNN Underscored audience. This includes suitcases, backpacks, packing cubes, and other travel-related accessories.
• Extensively research, write, edit and produce commerce-related content, including news hits on new travel product launches, reviews and roundup-style posts.
• Manage a roster of freelance writers to assist with daily content production.
• Coordinate and assist the Money/Travel Rewards Editor with travel rewards content, including editing stories that cover loyalty programs, travel benefits and perks, airline and hotel elite status and similar topics on an as-needed basis.
• Help drive product testing in the travel space, working closely with the SEO Manager and testing team to identify opportunities and spearhead the testing process through to copy.
• Optimize new and existing content based on market trends and analytical insights specific to the CNN Underscored audience demographics.
• Work with the video and social teams to translate coverage to other Underscored platforms. Experience on-camera a big plus.
• Note that the Travel Products Editor is not expected to travel on a regular basis. Rather, this position will rely more on research and reporting than travel experience. However, there may be travel opportunities throughout the year.
• Must have at least 2 years of experience in writing about travel and a strong interest in ecommerce.
• Passion for travel, with the ability to break down potentially complex topics into an easily digestible format.
• Flawless grammar and spelling.
• Must be proficient in MS Office Suite and comfortable using content management systems.
• Strong creative and writing skills are required for this position. Must be detail-oriented, organized and have strong communication skills.
• Excels at short-term assignments that often require the application of independent judgment.
• Ability to manage freelance personnel and balance assignments to match the needs of the Travel vertical's editorial content calendar.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $77,840.00 - $144,560.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.