Technical Operations Assistant
This was removed by the employer on 9/21/2022 3:05:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Technical Operations Assistant jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Technical Operations Assistant postings
Full Time Job
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
This is our story CNN Technical Operations is at the center of our global live media experience. We are the team with a front row seat to every story, every show, and every event as history is made before our eyes. We are a home for opportunities: to be part of the action, to grow, to develop, and to influence. We are the spirit behind the movement to #gothere. We are CNN. Will you join us? See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
A CNN Technical Operations Assistant (TOA) is an entry level position into the world of Technical Operations. Technical Operations Assistants are highly motivated and technically proficient employees that are driven to succeed. The TOA position plays an integral role as part of the studio production team. A CNN TOA has an effective ability to communicate and multitask as they perform Floor Directing and Gripping duties within the studios of CNN Atlanta.
• Floor Directing and Gripping for live and pre-recorded shows within CNN, HLN, CNN International and CNN Espanol studios
• Operating Teleprompter
• Participating in production meetings and assisting the Director with camera blocking and scenery issues
• Assisting other studio personnel as required (prepping talent for air, etc.)
• Troubleshooting issues and reporting them in a timely manner
• Training and participating in career development opportunities to become a competitive candidate for advanced positions within Technical Operations
• Engaging in the continued growth and development of the TOA and Technical Operations department.
• College degree or equivalent prior experience working in a live control room and/or studio production environment.
• Desire to work and advance within Technical Operations' control rooms and studios.
• Ability and desire to work under pressure and in a 24x7 'live news' environment.
• Attention to detail, overall positive attitude and ability to work well with others.
• Strong multi-tasking skill set
The Nice to Haves
• Fluency in Spanish
• Previous exposure to broadcast environment
This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States. The company requires anyone working in our workplaces in the U.S. to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.