CNNNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/14/2021 9:37:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Technical Director jobs in New York-NY
Search all Technical Director postings
Full Time Job
Technical Director (CNN)
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
Technical Director (TD), CNN
• A CNN TD plays a lead role of the live control room team.
• A TD is responsible for supervising the control room technical crew during a fast paced 24-hour live news environment and executing the direction and vision of show director and producer.
• Switching fast paced productions seen throughout the world across CNN's global networks
• Firsthand experience partnering with some of the best directors in TV news
• Act as crew chief and technical lead assigned to the production staff productions
• Ability to offer creative suggestions that enhance show productions
• Collaborating with graphic department and editorial leads as new shows are developed
• Organizing and maintaining switcher layout and other auxiliary equipment associated with TD area
• Demonstrate technical ability to troubleshoot and understand video workflow throughout CNN networks
• May be called upon to simultaneously direct small to mid-level live and taped segment/shows
• You are a strong multitasker and have the skills to handle prioritizing and executing multiple requests at the same time.
• Must work well under pressure and be able to show strong teamwork capabilities as part of a studio team. Willingness to learn and embrace new technologies.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills a must: You have technical know-how and strong communications skills.
• That's what it takes to rise to the top of this team
• An ability to work in a high pressure, 24/7 news environment
• A desire to learn new technologies, processes and/or procedures as they are implemented and a willingness to work in other areas as assigned
• Five years of Industry experience technical directing in a live news environment
• Operational knowledge of all control room positions and familiar with all aspects of live television and pre / post production
• Four-year degree from accredited university or demonstrated experience in the field
• Candidate should have a strong interest in current events
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.