Staff Product Designer, OTT / Stb
Full Time Job
Staff Product Designer, OTT/STB (CNN )
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN+. With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN+, a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
Join us. Shape your story here.
As a Staff Product Designer, you are a member of the world-class CNN Digital Product Design Team, which is responsible for creating industry-leading user experiences engaged by millions across the globe. CNN is driven by a shared commitment to put our users at the center of the experiences we build and to push the boundaries on what an exceptional digital experience can be. We believe that success is driven by the combined ability of content, design, product, and technology to achieve user delight.
The Staff Product Designer, CNN Digital, is an experienced user experience designer who collaborates with product designers, product managers, engineers, researchers, content strategists, and data scientists to build and grow CNN Digital product experiences that help inform & engage our users, and impact CNN's bottom line. This role is specifically focused on building experiences for our most loyal and engaged users, and identifying ways for CNN to best serve their needs.
• Oversee & execute on CNN's product design efforts to create an engaging, personalized CNN experience for our users.
• Collaborate with partners on your cross-functional team to understand the needs of our users and establish end-to-end workflows designed to best serve those needs.
• Partner with your team to solve meaningful user problems and proactively drive strategic solutions and results.
• Team up with your product counterparts to steer the holistic view of the user experience to provide a superior and seamless product experience, from daily improvements to longer-term strategies.
• Create end-to-end customer journeys that inform new product features and promote new businesses.
• Employ user research and testing techniques, backed by analytics data, to develop a deep understanding of how users engage with our content, what matters to them, and identify pain points.
• Design Portfolio demonstrating strong UX and visual design solutions, with an emphasis on identifying and meaningfully solving true user problems.
• 8+ years professional experience, specifically as a Product Designer
• Experienced in UX software such as Sketch, Figma etc.
• Prototyping skills a plus
• Foundational understanding HTML and CSS.
• Exceptional track record to execute on product design strategy, mentor designers, and partner with cross functional team members.
• Experience building world class product experiences, streamline workflows with continuous iteration and improvement.
• Excellent communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to lead user experience design, including usability principles, user research methodology, testing techniques (A/B, Multi-Variant), design theory, and interaction design.
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
• Willingness to roll up your sleeve and get things done.
• Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.