Sr. Seo Analyst, CNN Espau00f1ol
Full Time Job
Location: Miami, Florida, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
CNN Español is seeking an individual who is passionate about digital audience development, SEO, and journalism. As a member of the Audience Development team, you will work in close collaboration with CNN Español's editorial team to drive audience growth and increased engagement in the US and Latin America through our SEO efforts. The ideal candidate will have 4+ years' experience with growing SEO organically for news organizations, an analytical mind with the data skills to go with it. The candidate best fit for this role will have experience working cross-departmentally and will have the ability and willingness to speak up to push for results.
Working from our Miami office, you will have the opportunity to work for the world-leader in global breaking news, delivering the stories that matter in a fast-paced but highly supportive environment.
• Rapidly grow organic search referrals to CNN Español, leveraging knowledge of the news landscape, search audience behaviors, and the ways search engines index and surface news content to drive readers to CNN Español's stories and videos.
• Identify opportunities and provide story and topic coverage recommendations that will enable CNN Español to grow search audience and increase audience loyalty.
• Perform keyword and trends research to identify what keywords to target in CNN Español's stories and explain the value of keyword selection to editors and writers.
• Train editors and newsroom staff on how to optimize news stories, features and evergreen content through optimization of page titles, headlines, editorial links, and meta descriptions.
• Work closely with the editorial team to establish systems and strategies for getting more of their content in front of search audiences.
• Leverage knowledge of the Latin American news landscape to execute audience development plans that enable CNN Español to acquire desired target audience segments.
• Provide real-time analytics feedback to help provide the right content at the right time to the CNN Español audience.
• Identify scalable strategies, tactics and channels for audience growth.
• Act as a conduit between content teams and audience development teams, bridging editorial with audience development and analytics.
• Monitor the site for technical SEO issues and indexing problems and work with developers to ensure they are fixed.
• Identify and document product requirements for the improvement of the publishing platform to assist in SEO.
• Recommend and specify SEO tools that will help the CNN Español newsroom grow their reach.
• Partner across multiple teams to coordinate and improve on CNN Español's audience development and SEO strategy, tying together editorial calendars, social calendars, business priorities, product launches and more.
• Develop workflow recommendations to include the data necessary to inform content and programming decisions in order to quickly move on opportunities that will grow CNN Español's search audience and increase their loyalty.
• Develop and champion improved processes for insight collection and dissemination across Audience Development, product and editorial teams.
• Support short-term content planning processes with editorial and programming teams.
• Conduit between content teams and Audience Development teams sitting within the CNN Newsroom, bridging editorial with audience development and analytics.
• 5+ years of progressively related experience.
• Fluency in Spanish and English, both written and verbal, required.
• Experience in digital media publishing organizations is preferred.
• A good understanding of the global news cycle, a strong interest in news and social media, and the ability to flourish in a fast-paced newsroom environment.
• A strong understanding of Google's news algorithm and the key factors that can impact visibility in news search results.
• Experience of performing keyword research using Google Trends and other SEO platforms to identify real-time trending searches, keywords and topics.
• Understanding of SEO best practices to assist editorial and programming teams with site and story optimization.
• Strong interpersonal skills, a collaborative approach and the ability to use emotional intelligence when working with editors and writers in an often highly pressured news environment.
• Experience with SEO and analytics tools such as (or similar to) Adobe Analytics, Google Search Console, SimilarWeb, DragonMetrics, Chartbeat, Google Analytics, Screaming Frog.
• Strong analytical skills including the ability to explore data to measure and report on search performance.
• Strong competence in preparing reports and sharing data insights and SEO guidelines with editorial teams.
• Ability to develop and test hypotheses based on insights from audience targeting and analyses.
• Strong understanding of technical SEO, including the ability to recognize and identify indexing and crawl issues.
• Ability to identify and document product requirements for the improvement of the publishing platform to assist in SEO.
• Experience or knowledge of site migrations including preparation, planning and common pitfalls.
• Current knowledge of Search Engine Optimization topics by monitoring search industry websites, blogs and news sources.
• Basic knowledge of digital media technologies, particularly a good understanding of capabilities and limitations.
• Competent project management skills with experience managing workflow between different departments.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.