Sr. Section Editor, CNN Digital News
CNNLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/17/2022 3:05:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Sr. Section Editor, CNN Digital News jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Sr. Section Editor, CNN Digital News postings
Full Time Job
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
We are seeking a PM Senior Editor at CNN. The ideal candidate will love news, the stories behind and around the news, and thinks in creative ways about how to best deliver updates across platforms and devices. This editor is responsible for steering, assigning, and editing breaking news coverage on the Live News Team. This position offers a reporting structure that allows you to work with multiple groups and networks, from TV to digital, newsgathering to visuals and design and product.
The successful candidate will bring creativity, energy and substance to our programming and planning; have a full understanding of digital programming and storytelling; help set daily coverage priorities as well as longer-term planning; ensure successful workflows; be a data junkie, constantly refining and evolving strategy based on audience metrics; react swiftly to breaking news and help strategize the best delivery; and be able to identify engaging content and influence its production.
This position is primarily a breaking news editing role and the ideal candidate will:
• Conceptualize, curate and craft breaking news updates and show an understanding of the nuances of packaging content for the web, mobile web, social.
• Create sharp headlines.
• Prioritize stories and set a news agenda that is clear to audiences.
• As PM editor, you will be charged with the news agenda during your hours. If something breaks during that time, you will be the one who helps determine how to respond.
• Work with editorial, design and product teams and coordinate content and distribution strategies.
• Have a passion for breaking news, political news, and be unafraid to build the future of journalism on the web.
This role requires constant communication and coordination with the programming, news & alert, digital news, newsgathering, and other teams across CNN.
• Bachelor's degree. 7+ years' experience in an editorial or reporter role at a traditional or digital native news organization.
• Sound editorial and social media judgment; excellent writing and visual communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment making independent decisions.
• Ability to switch gears between several different news events on a given day.
• Strong understanding of mobile, apps, and social media.
• Experience in a video-led operation is a plus.
• Strong copy-editing skills are needed for this role.
• This candidate should be a proven manager with excellent leadership and communication skills.
• Preferably based in Los Angeles
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.