This was removed by the employer on 2/15/2023 3:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sr. Producer jobs in Remote-TX
Search all Sr. Producer postings
Full Time Job
Sr. Producer (Houston TX)
Location: Remote, Texas, United States of America
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Your New Role…
The Senior Producer will be responsible for collaborating with reporters and editors to conceive and execute stories for both on-air and digital platforms. The Senior Producer needs demonstrated skills in developing story pitches, script writing, interviewing, reporting, field producing, locating and creating visual backdrops for field reports, research, and package production/post-production techniques.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Generating, pitching and executing creative enterprise and day of news story ideas for television and digital.
• Collaborate with correspondents, reporters, editors, photojournalist, cross-platform producers, guest bookers, show and segment producers to create compelling packages for the network.
• Collaborate with on-air talent to create a pipeline of high-quality, original stories
• Produce live segments, both in the field or in the studio or from remote network locations
• Oversee and manage production of reporter packages from concept to delivery, including idea generation, story research, newsgathering, writing for digital and package postproduction.
• Writing scripts with varied reporter support.
• Leveraging skills in field producing, interviewing in person and remotely, creating and signing off on graphics as research and other postproduction elements.
• Other duties as assigned to support breaking news or newsgathering efforts
• The successful candidate for this position will have a minimum of 8 - 10 years of combined package production and field producing at either a cable or broadcast network.
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Position requires outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, organization skills, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic.
• Strong knowledge of newsgathering and social media.
• Skills in field producing, interviewing, as well as research and production a must.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced news environment that is 24 hours/ 365 days a year, including last minute travel.
• Degree in Journalist or equivalent work experience.
• Fluency in Spanish a plus
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.