Sr Broadcast Producer, The Situation Room With Wolf Blitzer
Full Time Job
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
CNN is looking for a Senior Broadcast Producer for The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer.
The Senior Broadcast Producer for The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer is a leader who is responsible for planning, creating, & managing content for the program, including planning daily show rundowns, providing strategic vision for segments and bookings, managing producers, and managing the control room. This position reports to the Executive Producer. These include:
EDITORIAL & PRODUCTION - This position plans all aspects of the program's editorial direction. Communicates and implements the creative vision for the show including proposing new program concepts and driving compelling and engaging storytelling. Makes crucial editorial decisions. Organizes and prepares content so that high-pressure deadlines are met. Is the point person for the Executive Producer and senior leadership during the day. Serves as Back-up Executive Producer when the EP is on vacation.
MANAGEMENT - Oversee staff to ensure a high level of editorial and production consistency. Create opportunities for the development and growth of staff members in a creative, collaborative environment. Must have strong team-building skills and work well with fellow producers and crew.
STORY RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT & PITCHING - Develop and enterprise story pitches related to news topics of the day and relevant current issues. Read and monitor multiple and diverse sources of information and exchange ideas with the Executive Producer and bookers for angles on stories. Collaborate with Anchor, producers and correspondents on direction and production of stories.
BREAKING NEWS & NEWS COVERAGE - Accurate, rapid establishment of facts on a story that is developing. Coordinating reporting with others in the network working on story, acquisition of live sources, communication with newsgathering desks regionally and nationally, access to developed network of previously established sources and quick response to booking guests and moving resources to cover breaking stories.
• The successful candidate for this position will have strong leadership, editorial, writing and control room skills with +10 years experience in television news, with at least five years as a show producer at a cable or broadcast network.
• The job requires previous experience as a senior producer on a live daily news show. It further requires strong feature and segment production, strong strategic vision for bookings, strong writing skills, extensive control room experience and a thorough understanding of news production.
• He/She must be a creative thinker who can generate numerous stories under intense deadline pressure and changing circumstances.
• This producer must be familiar with all aspects of television production including graphics, editing, digital news gathering and live remote broadcasting and be comfortable working in a collaborative environment.
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require and to travel if needed.
• This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States. WarnerMedia requires anyone working in our workplaces in the U.S. to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.