Spring Paid Intern - The Situation Room
Full Time Paid Internship
What does our department do?
The Situation Room, anchored by Wolf Blitzer, assembles top CNN correspondents, analysts, contributors and guests for complete, up-to-the minute coverage of the day's breaking news, political events, national security issues, terrorism, international relations and other major stories in the news. Modeled on the concept of the White House Situation Room, the program combines traditional reporting methods with the newest innovative online resources, making the entire process of newsgathering more transparent and placing the latest news and information at the viewers' fingertips. The Situation Room airs weekdays from 5 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
What will you be doing?
• Students may have the opportunity to learn and observe a number of functions within the department, such as show research, videotape screening, logging, dubbing and other show production needs.
What do we need from you?
In order to facilitate the learning experience, the following qualifications are preferred.
• Candidates should be seeking a career in broadcast journalism, should be self-motivated, able to multitask, and have a good attitude
• Must be able to function well in an environment with short deadlines and quick turnaround projects
• Interns need to be available during the week for this internship
• Interns must be able to work at least two or three FULL days per week (10:30 am -- 7:00 pm).
• Spring 2019 program dates are January 21st through April 19th.
• Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
• Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
• Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
• Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
• Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.