Spring Paid Intern - Public Relations
Part Time Paid Internship
What part will you play?
The PR team works to generate press for CNN Worldwide. Our interns need to have a healthy interest in the news, an adaptability to adjust to its fast-paced cycle, and familiarity with CNN's networks and platforms
What will you be doing?
Tasks our interns will be asked to perform include:
• Compiling and confirming media lists,
• Building results reports,
• Updating talent and executive bios,
• Posting and editing the PR press site,
• Drafting press releases,
• Following social media conversations that affect CNN
• Working photoshoots/events.
What do we need from you?
• Our interns need strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• They should also have an understanding of the professional environment they're working in, including attendance, appearance, punctuality, deadlines and strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong computer skills including the Microsoft office suite, internet and online research skills are important for success in the position.
• Spring 2020 program dates are January 13th through April 3rd.
• Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
• Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
• Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.