Spring Paid Intern - Political Unit
Full Time Paid Internship
What part will you play?
As a Political Unit intern, students will have the opportunity to gain insight into the U.S. political system and CNN's editorial process.
What will you be doing?
• Compile research for CNN's political unit in advance of the 2018 midterm elections
• Accompany producers to DC-based political events
• And observe and assist with the production of political packages for air
• Assist with other political coverage as needed
What do we need from you?
• Candidate seeking a career in journalism, writing, or research preferred.
• Extensive understanding of and interest in political campaigns and U.S. politics a must.
• Should be detail-oriented, self-motivated, able to multi-task, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in an environment with short deadlines and quick turnaround projects.
• Interns would need to be available during the week for this internship.
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Spring 2019 program dates are January 21st through April 19th.
• Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
• Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
• Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
• Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
• Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.