Spring Paid Intern - Photos Team
Full Time Paid Internship
What does our department do?
• Oversee the application of still imagery across all CNN Digital platforms (homepage, mobile web, app).
• Provide single images and/or galleries for stories, illustrations, special projects.
• Image research for departments across CNN Digital
• Hire photographers for breaking news, enterprise and feature stories.
• Establish and maintain relationships with photographers and agencies across the globe.
What will you be doing?
• Working side-by-side with the CNN Photos team as we provide images and galleries for all CNN Digital platforms on a daily basis
• Deep archival research across over 20 photo agencies.
• Pitch ideas for photo features
What do we need from you?
• A keen eye for photo editing
• Ability to keep up with the fast pace of daily, breaking news
• Creative problem solving
• Sound understanding of communications law and the importance of licensing images
• Experience with Photoshop, PhotoMechanic are preferred
• Skills in content management systems are not required but preferred.
• College students with Web Portfolio that demonstrates skill level and effective communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Must demonstrate the following: Teamwork, industry knowledge (photography and journalism), desire to learn, and creativity majoring in photography/journalism with a minor or some experience editing photography, journalism, media communication preferred.
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Spring 2019 program dates are January 21st through April 12th.
• Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
• Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
• Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
• Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
• Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.