Spring Paid Intern - International Desk
Part Time Paid Internship
• CNN International is the largest international news network. CNN international interns will get an opportunity to view the inner workings of one of the leading news network in the world. Journalists cover a wide range of subjects including terrorism, politics, business, social issues and trends. CNN International has an opportunity to experience, learn, and be exposed to the newsgathering cycle. It will be a great opportunity to strengthen your research and communication skills while providing an opportunity to contribute to shows and participate in futures meetings.
• Interns will observe and assist with workflow at the international desk on all shifts during our 24/7 operation
• Interns will have the opportunity to "shadow" other units and departments within the CNN family who interact with the international desk
• Interns may also assist associate producers, tape editor, assignment editors, and producers
• Intern schedules vary and may include week and weekend work
• Students must provide a resume and cover letter –
• Students MUST be enrolled in school during the time of the internship
• Students must have completed their sophomore year in college prior to the start of the internship
• Student should have a strong academic record (3.0 or above is strongly preferred)
• Interest in international news and newsgathering; multi-lingual is not a must but would be an asset
• Knowledge of or experience in basic journalism techniques, standards and ethics.
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Spring 2020 program dates are January 13th through April 3rd. Interns are paid a competitive-wage based on location and relocation is not provided. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Note to international students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to the beginning of the internship if accepted to the program. Please note that due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis. Future semester internship postings will be available after the current semester positions have closed.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.