Spring Paid Intern - CNN Newsgathering
Full Time Paid Internship
What part will you play?
Newsgathering Interns will learn how CNN plans stories and orchestrates live breaking news coverage and daily programming. Interns will shadow and assist coverage managers, assignment editors, beat leaders, producers, live producers, photojournalists and news assistants.
What will you be doing?
• Intern duties include research, fact-checking, tapes logging, assistance with interviews and participation at press events.
• Interns should come away with sharper editorial and writing skills, exposure to leading technology and increased knowledge of the U.S. government and political system.
• Hours will be flexible and may include weekends.
What do we need from you?
In order to facilitate the learning experience, the following qualifications are preferred:
• Broadcast Journalism, Media or Communications major
• Strong current events knowledge and interest in news and politics
• Knowledge of CNN news platforms (network shows, website) is helpful.
• Candidates should also be motivated, detail-oriented multi-taskers who function well under deadline pressures.
• Spring 2019 program dates are January 21st through April 19th.
• Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
• Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
• Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.