Spring Intern - International Newsource
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook .
CNN's International Newsource team manages the relationships with partner broadcasters around the world, gathers and produces video to and from our affiliate partners, and handles any additional requests, including but not limited to: live reporters, anchor interviews, studio bookings, and more.
• Gathering, curating, and distributing the best material to affiliates
• Newsgathering in conjunction with our affiliate partners for all CNN platforms
• Programming of live signals for affiliate use
• Establishing live on-location field reporting
• Broadcast script-writing and package production
• Providing affiliates with file video needs
• And the essential customer service component of a syndicated news service
• Students must provide a resume and cover letter
• Student should have a strong academic record (3.0 or above is strongly preferred)
• Strong interest in international affairs
• Bi-lingual or Multi-lingual skills strongly preferred
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Part of the?WarnerMedia?family of powerhouse brands?
Internship dates are January 21, 2020 – May 8, 2020. All interns are expected to work 20 hours per week and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided). Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students. Candidates must be qualified and available to work at the time the application is submitted. Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran