This was removed by the employer on 12/21/2023 6:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Senior Writer jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Senior Writer postings
Full Time Job
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
Your New Role...
We are looking for a Sr. Writer to join CNN International in Atlanta, GA!
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Research, and write compelling, conversational anchor copy for CNNI newscasts.
• Collaborate with Producers on content, formatting scripts, viewing video and graphic elements, and finding relevant sources.
• Write lead stories for a program and/or write complicated scripts on a variety of topics.
• Write packages for shows as needed or requested.
• Effectively coordinate script, live shot and interview elements with APs and/or Producers.
• 7+ years full-time broadcast news writing or reporting.
• Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience.
• Excellent writing skill - style, language, accuracy, organization, and balance.
• Ability to produce quality work quickly.
• Agile - able to adapt during breaking news, to a show or anchor style and rewrite when necessary.
• Must be eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented
• Must have the ability to work different shifts including evenings, overnights, and weekends.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.