Senior Writer / Producer
CNNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, ''the stuff dreams are made of,'' we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Your New Role…
We're seeking an experienced Senior Writer/Producer to join the award-winning CNN Creative Marketing team. In this role, you'll be responsible for creating compelling promotional content for the overall CNN brand including longform content like CNN Original Series, and digital properties like CNN Audio and CNN.com. Working out of our CNN New York office, you'll report to the Creative Director and collaborate with our team of writers, producers, designers and editors to produce high-quality A/V campaigns that captivate and engage our audience. The ideal candidate will have exceptional editorial skills, be an excellent writer across a variety of tones and styles, and have a proven track record of crafting compelling trailers, promos, and complete 360 campaigns.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Craft compelling trailers, promos, and complete 360 campaigns that captivate and engage our audience.
• Research and develop new avenues for marketing the unique and award-winning content of CNN.
• Collaborate with the production team to produce eye-catching campaigns that effectively communicate the brand message and drive ratings and visits.
• Participate in brainstorming sessions to generate innovative promotional ideas and campaigns.
• Work with internal teams to ensure that promotional content meets all relevant broadcast standards and guidelines
• Manage project schedules, timelines, and deliverables to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget.
• Work with the operations, media strategy, and promo scheduling teams to coordinate the delivery of marketing assets.
• Provide leadership and guidance to junior members of the team.
Your Experience & Qualifications…
• You have at least 10 years of experience in a broadcast environment or creative agency.
• You have unrivaled editorial skills and the ability to craft compelling trailers, promos, and complete 360 campaigns that are the envy of other creatives.
• You have an uncanny ability to write compelling narratives, select stunning visuals and create music cuts that stick in the minds of viewers and users, and have a portfolio that demonstrates it.
• You have exceptional project management, organizational, and multitasking skills.
• You're a self-starter and strong team player who can work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced news environment.
• You have a keen eye for detail and can anticipate needs.
• You have professional judgment for handling confidential information.
• You're capable of meeting deadlines and working under daily time constraints.
• You love the creative process and excel in collaborative environments.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $103,460.00 - $192,140.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
$103,460.00 - 192,140.00 per year