Senior Visual Editor, Special Projects - 12 Mth Mat Cover
This was removed by the employer on 8/16/2023 5:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Visual Editor, Special Projects - 12 Mth Mat Cover jobs in London-UK
Search all Senior Visual Editor, Special Projects - 12 Mth Mat Cover postings
Full Time Job
Location: London, United Kingdom
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN. See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. We are looking for a Senior Visual Editor on a 12 month maternity cover contract. The postholder will help pitch, edit, and execute visual storytelling across our website and off-platform like our apps and social, working as part of our Special Projects team - from graphics and interactives to emerging storytelling forms like AR + motion graphics. The person in this role will work across the different digital editorial verticals to help shape visual narratives and coverage, while also collaborating with a team of visual editors, journalists and designers across the organization. This is a player/coach role, where you'll have ownership over shaping story ideas while also being able to get hands on in building out projects. The position is based in the London Bureau. CNN's Special Projects team: Part of the wider CNN Visuals team, Special Projects are a core team of editors and creative technologists that champion our most ambitious visual journalism and build frameworks for how we do special projects across the Visuals teams and at CNN. This group also take the lead on building out a more expansive kit of visual storytelling tools - pulling from our best work across all the Visuals teams, templatizing it, and allowing us to more easily design and publish creative, audience-driven digital journalism. Main Responsibilities:
• Identify and pitch visual story ideas
• Partner with other editors and reporters to brainstorm visual coverage ideas and find gaps in current story planning for our biggest priorities. Plan proactively for major events and identify strong visual opportunities
• Assign and edit work by visual reporters and designers
• A key part of this role will be acting as Lead Editor on bigger Special Projects, Coordinating the team and the project, acting as a liaison with stakeholders, and visuals team members, ensuring good comms as well as bringing a sharp visual editorial lens to each project.
• Collaborate with the Art Department, Data & Graphics and Photos teams to refine standards and best practices for storytelling forms including data visualizations, interactives, photography, illustrations, and animations
• Help manage a technical and design roadmap to templatize our most successful experiments and storytelling patterns, working closely with Product partners to align with CMS development Selection Criteria:
• You possess solid visual journalism experience gained within a newsroom setting
• You are enthusiastic about excellent visual journalism and can share that enthusiasm with patience and clarity
• You love to experiment with new forms of storytelling, visual journalism and technology
• You put the journalism first, have impeccable news judgment, and are always asking ''what's the best way to tell this story?''
• A reader-first perspective and strong commitment to multiplatform storytelling
• You're comfortable working collaboratively, individually and with cross-functional teams
• You are an excellent communicator and feel as comfortable walking through a story pitch with editors as you do coaching a developer on an interactive interface.