Senior Section Editor, Money, CNN Underscored
CNNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN Underscored is hiring an Senior Section Editor in New York to oversee our Money section and deepen our coverage of the financial product space. We need an experienced journalist to help grow this key vertical for Underscored, CNN Digital's reviews and recommendations section, providing readers with personal financial guidance and reviews of financial products and services, such as credit cards, banking, real estate and insurance. We are looking for someone who has a track record of creating analytical, quantitative analyses of competing financial products. The ideal candidate has deep knowledge of credit cards, rewards travel and personal finance and has covered those topics for a major publication. Experience reviewing and recommending credit cards is a must.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Create an editorial calendar for the Money section, leveraging data, search trends, news judgment and creative enterprise, and write and edit articles with a focus on personal finance products and credit cards
• Manage a pool of freelancers assigned to help round out coverage for the Money section
• Work closely with our partners to keep our content compliant and up-to-date with any changes to credit card programs, terms and rates
• Partner with our travel editor to build out an integrated travel rewards section
• Work with our social and video teams to translate content into helpful, concise and engaging content for our other platforms
• 5 – 8 years of experience covering and writing about credit cards and other financial products
• Deep, thorough knowledge of the credit card space with a particular focus on rewards travel
• Ability to translate complex, sometimes dry topics into clear, digestible web, video and social content that empowers people to make smart decisions
• Adept at pitching and covering personal finance topics and experience building or substantially growing an editorial vertical
• Knowledge of and experience covering banking, mortgage and insurance products a huge plus
• Should have contacts in the financial products and services space
• College degree required
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $62,790.00 - $116,610.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.