Senior Row Copy Editor
This was removed by the employer on 2/27/2024 2:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Search for Senior Row Copy Editor jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Senior Row Copy Editor postings
Full Time Job
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
Your New Role…
A critical part of the Row story approval and clearance operation, the Senior Row Editor is responsible for decisive editorial oversight of CNN's reporting on all platforms. This is an editorial leadership position in the newsroom and on the Row, supporting all of CNN's TV and Digital platforms and focusing primarily on reporting by the Washington, D.C. Bureau, including but not limited to topics of national security, politics, the military, crime and justice.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• This role entails newsgroup-wide script and story approval, including stories that with sensitive and controversial content.
• The Senior Row Editor must ensure each story meets a high standard of storytelling, clarity, accuracy, quality, fairness and balance, while avoiding problems of libel, defamation and use infringement.
• A key part of the job is to ensure completed stories meet platform and/or show needs.
• The Senior Row Editor is a liaison with Legal as well as Standards & Practices.
• This role includes responsibility for a unit duty, such as management of the Stylebook.
• The Senior Row Editor is assigned difficult and complex stories to approve for air and publication, including investigative reporting and documentaries.
• Four years university study and/or journalism education; Bachelor's degree preferred
• Seven years journalism experience
• Two years reporting or field producing
• One year as an editorial manager
• 10 years journalism experience, including experience producing or copy-editing TV newscasts, magazine shows, or a major daily newspaper and/or news website
• Four years reporting or field producing
• Two years as an editorial manager
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.