Full Time Job
Senior Producer, The Lead With Jake Tapper
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Your New Role...
CNN seeks a talented Senior Producer to join the team with The Lead with Jake Tapper in Washington, DC.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• The Senior Producer for this Washington-based political show must have a passion for political news and an eye for definitive enterprise reporting opportunities.
• The Senior Producer will work onsite in the Washington, DC bureau for the full day.
• The Senior Producer will set the table for each day's newscast and generate story ideas that could be commissioned for that day's air or developed over the long-term.
• The Senior Producer will regularly line produce the live program.
• The Senior Producer will also work with correspondents on scripts, live shots, and conversational segments, as well as plan for the next day's reports and segments.
• The Senior Producer will coach, mentor, develop, and help lead a uniquely talented team of producers, associate producers, and production assistants.
Your Qualifications & Experience...
• Position requires outstanding news judgment, critical thinking skills, ability to create, share, and execute strategic plans
• Eight years producing experience in national or major local media markets
• Line producing experience
• Collaborative and team work attitude as well as the ability to work well under pressure with multiple beats, units, teams, etc.
• Ability to organize productions both small and large
• Ability to be persistent yet diplomatic
• A background in script coaching and reviewing
• Must be an outstanding writer and editor
• A strong interest in politics and Washington news is essential
• Ability to travel
• Flexibility to work breaking news
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.