CNNNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/29/2022 11:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Producer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Producer postings
Full Time Job
Senior Producer (Temporary)
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
The Senior Producer is responsible for overseeing production of a new podcast hosted by Audie Cornish. The ideal candidate is an ambitious and gifted writer, booker, audio storyteller and news junkie who is at ease managing a team of producers and associate producers based in multiple locations.
• Manage the weekly show rundown and ensure the rest of the team delivers on current and future production work.
• Work with host, producers and associate producers to come up with original compelling, sound-rich ideas for guests, segments and episodes.
• Assign weekly and long-term stories to producers and associate producers.
• Conduct pre-interviews, book guests, prep host, and edit and write show scripts.
• Record host and guest interviews remotely and gather field sound as needed.
• Expertly edit interviews and host tracks in ProTools.
• Deliver mixed and scored show episodes to audio engineer for mastering.
• Ensure scripts are vetted by CNN legal, Standards & Practices and fact checking teams.
• Be the final set of ears on episodes.
• 8+ years of journalism experience, which includes producing podcasts and experience in an audio leadership role.
• The strongest candidates will also have a keen interest in news and pop culture, the ability to speak multiple languages and a deep familiarity with the most important conversations taking place in online communities.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Superior production, writing and editing skills.
• Experience managing direct reports, leading, mentoring, and inspiring teams in a fast-paced audio environment.
• Experience editing in ProTools, as well as field and in-studio recording.
• Detail-oriented and highly organized problem solver, with a strong desire to report the news accurately and on deadline.
• Passionate about original audio storytelling, and open to experimentation within the chat and interview show format.
• Excited about launching and working on a new weekly podcast at CNN.
• Strong collaboration, communication, excellent teamwork and team-building skills. Ability to thrive under pressure with diverse staff and talent.
• Flexibility to travel as needed, and work in a 24/7 environment.
• Ability to leverage data, analytics and user testing to inform decisions, and to partner with marketing, PR, social and programming teams in creation of content and strategies to maximize audience and engagement, from key art to social media content to promos and trailers.
• This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States. Warner Bros. Discovery requires anyone working in our workplaces in the U.S. to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.