Senior Producer, Video Programming
Full Time Job
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Producer for the CNN department.
The Senior Producer is responsible for leading the programming strategy for video on CNN's core owned and operated platforms including desktop web, mobile web, mobile apps and TV apps, as well as third-party platforms that support our video business. The Senior Producer collaborates with the Supervising Producer in development of long-term strategies and relationships. They coach team members who are executing on specific strategies and coach direct reports in career development. This position reports to the Supervising Producer and manages both senior and junior team members.
• Programs both core platforms and off-platform accounts, monitors content performance, and uses real-time data to adjust tactics that deliver on business goals
• Leads collaboration with global programming team to develop tactics
• Collaborates with Supervising Producers to develop long-term strategies and relationships
• Can pitch, develop, and execute programming tactics and ideas independently
• Communicates programming insights to key stakeholders
• Communicates network and video programming priorities with team
• Leads conversations with the team that encourage innovation and growth
• College degree in journalism degree preferred
• 7+ years producing/writing/editing experience in a major news market
• 2+ years experience in managing a team
• Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro or similar editing system
• Ability to analyze data and share insights to inform editorial decision-making
• Excellent communication skills, news judgment and headline-writing skills
• Ability to lead during breaking news situations
• Ability to independently make editorial decisions while programming core platforms
• Conveys spirit of teamwork, positive attitude (eager, energetic, team-oriented)
• Flexibility (can deal with rapid changes in news, adapt to breaking news, and handle several tasks at once)
• Ability to work a fast paced 24h/7 news environment
• Ability to work shifts at all times of day and night
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.