Senior Producer, The Amanpour Show
CNNNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/10/2024 2:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Producer, The Amanpour Show jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Producer, The Amanpour Show postings
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Your New Role...
The Senior Producer will research segments, write scripts, book guests and prepare briefs for The Amanpour Hour, Christiane Amanpour's new weekend show on CNN. This will be a weekday role with some weekend flexibility needed.
As a Senior Producer, this candidate will also be closely involved with CNNi's weekday Amanpour show and coordinate closely with existing producers on that program. The Senior Producer will also assist the Executive Editor with special projects.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• The Sr Producer will service CNN's The Amanpour Hour, booking guests, researching and writing segments, preparing guest briefs and helping output the show.
• The Sr Producer will focus on creating bespoke content for the specific show along with identifying high profile and exclusive news and business news figures.
• The Sr Producer must have a strong ability to write scripts, code banners, and handle multiple interviews.
• The Sr Producer must be able to handle all arrangements for the guest speaker including pre-interview notes, travel or broadcast components. They must display a strong understanding of broadcast technicalities, display confidence in booking studios, coordinating with in house and freelance crews, and working with satellite providers for interviewees.
• They must have a strong understanding and interest in world events and current affairs, can assimilate information and work at a fast pace and be effectively responsive in breaking news conditions.
• The Sr Producer should be organised and display strong written and verbal communication skills. It is imperative the person collaborates well with the wider news team, especially under busy pressurised work schedules.
• The show's interviews often occur in the field, and part of the role will be to work to deliver those interviews from the location to the show – some field production experience is preferred.
• The Sr Producer will work closely with the guest booking team on CNNI's Amanpour show.
• Supporting the Executive Editor, the Sr Producer will have responsibility for assisting on special projects as well as ensuring the team is effectively mobilised to respond to breaking news.
• They must be able to proactively and effectively collaborate with the wider network, including CNN Digital, building key relationships and understanding how different teams contribute to content for the network and turn pieces to serve various platforms.
• They must be able to help manage the program's social media output when required.
• Previous high level experience at planning as a Producer or Guest Booker at TV network level.
• Full understanding of the logistics and technical requirements needed to produce TV news.
• Experience as a TV news writer and producer, including proficiency in iNews and other broadcast software.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure.
• Organized, exceptional interest in business news and current affairs.
• Experience overseeing and mentoring more junior team members.
• Experience in the Field is advantageous.
• Additional languages would be advantageous.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skill set, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $85,899.00 - $159,528.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and sick time and vacation.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at email@example.com.