Senior Producer, Inside Politics Weekend
This was removed by the employer on 10/17/2023 7:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Producer, Inside Politics Weekend jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Senior Producer, Inside Politics Weekend postings
Full Time Job
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Your New Role...
Inside Politics Weekend seeks a talented Senior Producer to join their team in Washington, DC!
Your Role Accountabilities...
In this role, the Senior Producer will help us experiment, ideate, develop and produce live and tape content. This Senior Producer will manage a team dedicated to producing a live show that dives deep on all the latest political stories and daily news headlines. The ideal candidate is a voracious consumer of political news and video content in its many forms. Strong editorial judgement, superior live production skills, and a knowledge of the digital landscape is required. An understanding of audience feedback and behavior, and the ability to create and develop content accordingly is necessary. This position reports to the Supervising Producer and plays a key role as a people manager leading a team and building the team's capabilities. Experience in digital and/or live television news production is required.
• Oversee development and production of daily and weekly news programming
• Manage live productions and post-production project distribution
• Create and develop innovative, community-building, premium live content
• Approve producers' scripts, pitches and on-camera bookings
• Maintain schedules and workflows, while meeting aggressive deadlines for on-budget work
• Manage internal and external relationships to help book and cultivate on-camera talent
• Partner with internal stakeholders across the organization
• Work closely with Rights and Clearances and ensure all projects meet CNN editorial guidelines and Standards & Practices
Your Qualifications & Experience...
• College degree or equivalent
• 8+ years of news production or related experience
• 1-2 years directly or indirectly managing others
• Proven experience in live show production and script review
• Proven experience working with and managing top talent and correspondents
• Outstanding editorial judgment, critical and strategic thinking, and organization skills
• Superior writing, editing and production skills
• Control room or comparable experience required
• Extensive knowledge of digital media industry
• Proven ability to lead a team through change; works well under pressure
• Strong communication skills, excellent teamwork and team-building skills
• Adobe suite/Premiere editing skills, a plus
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.